Letters to America

Sunday, December 25, 2005


Christmas 2005

I have not blogged for what seems like an age for two reasons

- I have been very busy at work putting in the hours for a subsidiary of a US marketing services multinational who threw the best office party I have ever been to. Exceptional. Great food, great drink, fine live jazz music and great company.

- Politics just winds me up and I prefer to concentrate on personal, family and social life. It's a cop out I know but it suits me fine particularly now that 50 approaches.

Am I becoming "apolitical" ( a synonym for conservative) ? Quite possibly. Hedonistic more like.

Christmas Day is now nearly over and the highlights were:

- Emily's face when she saw the gold radio controlled Dalek.. Unrestrained joy.

- Alice's first documentary. A cooking programme following Heather making Christmas dinner filmed on her new video camera.

- Christmas dinner. Paella followed by Angel Cake ( to a Canadian recipe involving 8 cups of sugar and 10 egg whites) and strawberries. Non traditional and totally delicious. The result is that I don't feel about 16 stone which is my usual state on Christmas night after repeated visits to the fridge to tear of strips of beef and turkey.

- Space Race a book Heather bought me following the Soviet and American space programmes.

- The cable TV service breaking down. At first we all thought that this was a real disaster because we would miss the Doctor Who Christmas Special. Instead it was our saving. No
arguments over which cartoon chanel to watch. We had a game of Cluedo, read books, talked, ate and generally had a better time for it. OK. there was a bit of shouting and mild arguing but it wouldn't be Christmas without it.

So a very merry Christmas and greetings to each and every one of you.

Ho..ho...ho

p.s The film version of Lion Witch and the Wardrobe is rubbish.


Comments:
Click Here
 
Post a Comment

Home